Mobile, Mobile, Mobile
Re: Mobile, Mobile, Mobile
The Story: The future of mobile is being written in China and in a pitched battle for mobile dominance, Chinese travelers may be the ultimate prize.
What to Know:
- For young Chinese travelers, mobile technology is what makes a trip real. Without the witnessing, researching, proving, bragging, booking and sharing it makes possible, there is literally no trip. Without pics… it didn’t happen.
- Daily or occasionally, 91% of the travelers we profiled, visit websites to research things to see and do
- 89% post online reviews of experiences
- 89% use travel guide apps
- 88% post photos on social media
- 90% daily or occasionally use their technology to make calls, while 87% hourly or daily chat with friends on WeChat
- While WeChat is the relative newcomer, its dominance as the de facto “life operating system” is giving it a grip on young travelers
- Our research shows that of Millennial overseas travelers, 80% daily or occasionally consult official WeChat accounts of destinations they visit, and 87% chat with friends hourly or daily on WeChat