Decoding Daigou: China’s New Social Commerce
Scroll to the end of article for free report download!
CLA collaborated with YouWorld to undertake a first-of-its-kind survey of the most elusive group of power shoppers in the world: the Daigou Market.
CLA surveyed more than 215 daigou agents, based primarily in the United States, during April to gain insights into how the COVID-19 crisis has affected their business, and specifically into how consumers in China are shopping for products based in the United States.
- Daigou are young: more than half are between 20 and 30 years old
- They are high-spenders: 56% of respondents spent over $10,000/month
- Social dominates: 94% of users communicate with their customers via social channels
- Special events/offers win their wallets: 67% would like to have early access to sales or special events and 71.2 % said that discounts and special offers where their driving force when deciding where to shop (ways to partner with YouWorld)
- They value VIP treatment: 76.7% would like for the malls to stay in touch with them more often and provide special perks
- Nearly 50% use Alipay as their preferred form of payment
Please enter your email address below and click the 'Send' button, and the pdf file will download immediately.